Saturday, January 24, 2015

The King of Winter! A Journey to the Stars!

I had hoped to continue my alphabetical rampage and make my next target either the Brute or the Burning Bride, but this plan was not to be. As I took a stroll by a perfectly peaceful and not suspicious lake, I was attacked by the Cold Boy! Gigantic icicles, each the size of a skyscraper, rained down on me like big frozen knives from the sky! I drew my sword and sliced each one apart before it could hit me. Having failed to ambush me, the Cold Boy rose from out of the lake.

“Your journey ends here, Omega!” His attempts at sounding intimidating were ruined by his squeaky youthful voice. “This lake will be your final resting place!”

“There can be no rest for me so long as EVIL exists in the world for me to thwart!” I said.

The Cold Boy sent an icy wind at me, trying to freeze me where I stood. But his cold was no match for the heat of my BURNING SPIRIT! I charged through the gale, and sliced his head off.

“Impossible!” The head said as it rolled on the ground. “How are you doing this? We’re in the middle of nowhere, with no one else around! I should be all powerful!

“Fool! I’m not alone! My friends are right here, in my heart! I can hear them calling out their encouragement to me!”

The Cold Boy grew a new icy body and stood back up. “Then I will take this battle to a place where no one’s words can reach you.” He pointed to the sky. “SPACE!”

A spaceship made of ice formed around us and took off. I looked out a frosted window and saw stars around us.

“You’ve made a grave miscalculation, Cold Boy! He problem spaceships encounter is not dealing with the coldness of space, but removing heat! In a vacuum, there are no molecules for heat energy to dissipate to! You and your ship will melt!”

“You think I didn’t predict that? I have set this spaceship on a course to THE MOON! The trace atmosphere there will be enough for me to overcome the heat and freeze you!”

He was right. I had to act fast, or I was doomed. I raised my sword and threw it. The Cold Boy easily stepped aside, and the blade went by him. “You missed!”

“I wasn’t aiming for you!” The sword was jammed in the navigation controls, causing the ship to turn away from the moon.

“What have you done?!” The Cold Boy cried out. “You’ve doomed us both! Once the ship melts, you’ll have no way to make it back to Earth!”
“That’s what you think!” I punched a hole in the wall, and air began to rush out. “An object in motion will remain in motion unless acted on by an outside force! All I need to do now is jump out in the right direction, and eventually I will make it back home!”

“I won’t let you!” Ice formed at my feet, trapping me.

“Now, let us die together in the lonely abyss of space! … is what you’re about to say, right?”

“Now, let us die together in the… what?!”

“I win this fight, Cold Boy! You should really pay more attention to where your ship is going!”

The Cold Boy looked out the window behind him. We were no longer heading towards the moon; now, our spaceship was rapidly approaching the sun.

“Not even your winter’s chill can stand up against the power of the UNCONQUERED SUN!” I shouted as the ice holding me melted.

“This is bullshit!”
The Cold Boy yelled.

“You’re bullshit!” I jumped out the hole I’d made as the ship crashed into the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment